Monday, February 18, 2008

Dad turned 72!!

WOW - Can you believe that my Dad turned 72 this past Saturday? It just doesn't seem possible that he could be that old! I see Dad as the same Dad that I had when I was a teenager - no aging, no ailments, still working, but enjoying life. To me the only changes that have taken place is that I've gotten older, gotten married and have added 2 beautiful boys to the picture. They both love my Dad and after the heart problems my Dad has experienced, the times my Dad spends with our boys mean even more to me than ever. My heart goes soft when I hear the joy in the boys' voices as they hear that they will be going to Grandma and Grandpa's house, or that Grandpa will be picking them up after school today.

We met at the Happy Chef in Mankato on Sat. for supper. That was fun. Apparently it was all my Dad's idea, so Mom says. It was fun. But the one thing I didn't do, was bring the cards we had bought for Dad. They were left on our dining room table all ready to go, but forgotten. I felt horrible, but I know Dad understood, but that wasn't the point. I felt crabby going there because we took a short nap, and that seemed to make me even more sleep deprived. Even Kevin, my brother noticed that I wasnt' up to par when we got there. Leave it to him to notice that?! He did and that was that. It was fun. I had a great time! I always enjoy our family times together. We've always made a point of getting together for the holidays, or birthdays and I will never forget those times. Hopefully the boys won't either.

I hope Dad had as good of a time as we did.

Love you Dad!~

your daughter,
Michelle Denise

No comments: