Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

ok, so I should have posted on here by now about my Mother's Day, but I forgot my camera when we went to the Cities this past weekend, and I'm ashamed to admit that. I felt horrible as I realized when we were in Mankato that the camera was left at home. There was nothing I could do then, and we certainly couldn't turn around being an hour from home already. So as we went through our weekend, I kept thinking all the great pictures I could have had if my camera would've been packed with our things!

We got a great deal through www.hotwire.com for a hotel near the Airport in the Cities. Martin was online one day just checking around and we ended up staying at the Hyatt near the Airport for only $48.00 and it was a weekend rate!!!!! We knew we couldn't pass it up, so we booked it immediately. So the first thing we did was go to the Mall of America - one of our favorite places to stop when we're in the Cities. The boys totally love Legoland, as would all boys! This time we let the boys take $20 out of their savings account to spend at Legoland. Plus they had some money of their own, AND for them not wanting to do any rides there, Martin pitched in another $20 for them to spend. Isaac went gaga in Legogland, deciding what to purchase. His friend, Sam has gotten Isaac into the Mars Mission legos now, so that big on his head, but now they have also come out with new Indiana Jones legos!!!!!!! AH the choices!!!!!! Josiah found a lego of Indiana Jones and immediately snatched it up. Even though they had legos for Spongebob there, he didn't want them. As for Isaac, he found a great deal on clearance - normally $40, he got a huge amount of legos (around 700 I think) for only $23.99 so that is what Martin helped him buy. We figured we would walk around a bit and make Legoland our final stop before leaving in case they hadn't found anything else.

I got money for Mother's day, so I visited Lane Bryant (one of my favorite stores), and got a few tops. Martin then insisted on me buying new sandals too, so next was a trip to Famous Footwear where the deals were buy one, get the 2nd one for 1/2 price. So I found a pair of sandals to buy, Martin found some and Josiah found some old style Converse tennis shoes he wanted badly. He was so funny to watch - he was trying on all kinds of tennis shoes that he wanted to buy - all $49.99. SSHHEESSHH He had just gotten new tennis shoes about a month ago too, so its not like needed any. But these Converse shoes were black cloth and a little bit of a high top - I Know you would remember them if you saw them (which reminds me to post a picture of them later). So, with his last $21 (they were $24 so he had to borrow $3 from us), he got his pair of shoes! And Isaac ended up buying some more legos before leaving the Mall. They were in heaven!!! :)

If you have ever been to the Mall of America - it is simply huge. And instead of having Camp Snoopy for their amusement park, they have changed it to Nickelodeon themes - The back yardigans, Dora, Diego, Spongebob, Avatar, you name it, they are there! One of the cutest sites I have to share is one where we saw Spongebob in a pool of water (and no, he was plastic). It was a wishing pond, so Josiah got a penny out and made a wish. He wanted Spongebob to come to life. Martin and I looked at each other and just shook our heads. I couldn't believe I heard him right - he would watch Spongebob 24/7 if we let him, and he wanted this creature to come to life! Josiah is 7 years old?!?! I couldn't believe he was wanting that, but oh well. And then once again, as we went through the Park one last time before leaving, he made another wish - that Spongebob would come alive right now. What a guy!

When we got to the Hyatt - we were all too tired to go out to eat, which was the plan. So we ordered Godfather's to eat at the room, and we devoured it! The room was beautiful - nothing too big, but certainly nice. The bed was a king size bid with a pillowtop mattres (which is the kind we will be getting for our bed sometime soon!). The bed was so comfortable to sleep on - I was amazed. Martin has slept on them before - last year actually when he was on the road for work. He would come home to our mattress and complain about how he slept - now I knew what he was talking about.

Sunday, after leaving the hotel, we made a stop at Cabela's in Owatonna which was fun too. The boys always enjoy watching the fish there in their tanks, and looking at their stuffed animals they have on display. Then we headed to Mankato to get some groceries (that's a never ending thing too), and then to home. We were all tired when we got home, and the animals were so pleased to see us. Cadillac was meowing up a storm and Rascal was so happy to see us home too! Josiah had taken his bike to Grandma and Grandpa's house, so he took Rascal home on his leash while Josiah rode his bike. Believe me, Rascal knows his way home from G&G's house - he's escaped on them before and ended up at our house!

One other thing I saw on Sunday after leaving our hotel, was the Race for the Cure taking place in the Cities. I have never before witnessed an event like that and I was in awe of all the people involved with it. At the Mall on Sat., there was registration for the race, and lots of people were wearing their pink or blue t-shirts for it, but I never in my life imagined all the people that would be there for it! One of the roads we went on, took us right next to the people walking, and we got to see it first hand - it was an event of a lifetime to see! And I so wished I had taken my camera! The one street was so packed full of people, that all you could see were people walking, it was just breathtaking! I hope they raised lots of money for the cure! It was an amazing event to see!

Happy belated Mother's day to all of you! I hope your day was a great one - you deserve it!

Love you all! ~
Michelle

No comments: