Wednesday, May 14, 2008

End-O-Line Railroad Museum

This is the caboose at the Museum. Quite the site!
This is the turn around that actually works! This railroad was literally at the "end of the line" (thus, the name - "End-O-Line") and they would turn the train around so it could go back. They turned this around for us today - by hand. Really cool!

This is Isaac with his class with Miss Fast. The other 1/2 was with another teacher, Mrs. Tusa.
We had a great field trip - the weather was fabulous today (65 degrees and hardly any wind). The kids had a blast touring all the buildings, and buying things at the gift shop I imagine was the highlight of the day (atleast it was for Isaac). The museum is in Currie, MN which is about an hour from Mt. Lake. Really cool. Everything in their museum has been donated by someone. They have a big engine in the one building (my picture didn't turn out very good), that had cost someone $200,000.00 but they donated it to the Museum. They just had to get it from Oklahoma. This site was supposed to be burnt down in 1975 when the local 4H group (in 1972) decided to refurbish it and so they saved it and made it into what it is today.
It was a really cool day to see this site! If you want to see more pictures, you'll have to go to my facebook account - I've posted them all there (there's about 60 pictures that I took and that's way too many to post here!). Anyways www.facebook.com and look up my name. You have to be a friend to see them (for privacy reasons), so just sign up and then ask me! And of course I'll accept you as a friend! :)
Gotta run. After today, Isaac needs a bath and I need a nap! :) Love to you all!
Michelle

No comments: